Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy and Procedure
Laser Everything respects intellectual property rights of others and expects users of its website and services (collectively the “Services”) to do the same. This policy outlines how Laser Everything addresses claims of unauthorized use of copyrighted materials in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website.
Filing a DMCA notice claiming copyright infringement
If you have reason to believe that your content has been copied and/or is accessible on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that the Services contains links or other references to another site, application, destination or service that contains content or activity that infringes your copyright(s), please send us a takedown notice of alleged violations in accordance with procedures allowed by the DMCA. You may provide written notice of your claim (“DMCA Notice”) to Laser Everything’s Designated Agent listed below. Please note that any other type of request will not receive a response through the process outlined below.
For your DMCA Notice to be effective, it must include all of the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate infringing material, including, at a minimum, the URL of the link shown on the Services where such material may be found
- Information reasonably sufficient to allow Laser Everything to contact you (mailing address, telephone number, and email address)
- A statement by you that:
- You have a good-faith belief that the use of the material in the manner asserted is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- The information given is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
- A digital or paper signature (typing your full name is OK) from the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf
Important: There are financial and legal penalties for fraudulent and/or bad-faith claims. You may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you knowingly misrepresent that the material is infringing your copyright. You should talk to an attorney before sending us a DMCA Notice if you are unsure whether the material infringes your copyright.
Laser Everything’s Designated Agent:
Attn: Copyright Agent
320 N Washington Street
Rochester, NY 14625
BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org with “DMCA Complaint” in the subject line.
Laser Everything processes claims in the order they are received. Laser Everything’s response may include removing the allegedly infringing material or restriction of access/distribution of such material. If Laser Everything removes or restricts access to content in this way, it will make a good-faith effort to contact the affected user and provide information concerning the removal or restriction of access, including a copy of the DMCA Notice, along with instructions for filing a counter-notice.
Filing a counter-notice
If you believe your content was removed or disabled by Laser Everything based on an improper DMCA Notice, you may file a counter-notice with Laser Everything’s Designated Agent listed above and request that Laser Everything restore placement of your content. Please DO NOT re-post the removed or disabled content.
To submit a counter-notice, you must respond to Laser Everything’s original notice with the following:
- Information about the material or the reference or link that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material or reference or link appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email
- A statement that:
- Under penalty of perjury, you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled
- That you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or Suffolk County, Massachusetts if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the notification under the DMCA or an agent of such person
- A digital or paper signature (typing your full name is OK)
When Laser Everything receives a valid counter-notice, it will forward a copy to the party who sent the original DMCA Notice. Laser Everything may, in its sole discretion, restore or reinstate the content based on the DMCA counter-notice. However, in no event will Laser Everything restore or reinstate the content if it receives notice from the copyright claimant that a legal action to prevent infringement has been filed.
Important: You may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that your material is not infringing the copyrights of others.
Repeat Infringer Policy
It is Laser Everything’s policy, in appropriate circumstances, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are found to repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly accused with infringing the copyrights of others. Accordingly, Laser Everything may in its sole discretion suspend, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who have been identified as engaging in infringing activities or for other related reasons.